The Partnership for Education Advancement (Ed Advancement) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that values the critical role of HBCUs in advancing socioeconomic mobility for historically underrepresented students and supports their efforts by providing sustainable, operations- and technology-focused solutions to help them serve their students and meet their strategic goals. We work collaboratively with HBCUs to deliver highly individualized strategies tailored to each institution’s unique needs. The Ed Advancement team is a unique mix of highly experienced professionals with direct expertise.
The Associate Director will collaborate with internal colleagues to ensure strategy and investments are aligned between the assessment, development, and implementation of solutions. This work involves tracking investments across partner schools, producing routine and ad hoc reports, and offering recommendations for alignment of resources. In addition, the Associate Director will help to identify external service providers, independent consultants, and other resources to help refine developed solutions. To succeed in this role, the Associate Director will have significant work experience in higher education, strategic acumen, operational excellence, and a service-centered mindset. We are seeking a strategic thinking, detail-oriented, self-starter with strong oral and written communication skills, and strong organizational skills, who will thrive working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurially spirited, mission-focused environment.
• Support the Investment Committee in the process of reviewing business cases for new and continuing investments by tracking investments, evaluating external service providers, and identifying independent consultants that support the investment goals.
• Support the senior strategy team in the development of preliminary, final, and Ed Advancement initiative business cases.
• Provide leadership in statistical modeling and data analysis of investment impact or potential impact. Additionally, provide analyses of institutional, state, and national data to support strategic initiatives and investments.
• Assist in creating presentations and reports with clear insights and actionable takeaways.
• Expertise in higher education enrollment, retention, and/or graduation best practices.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to create high-quality deliverables with accuracy and superior attention to detail and demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and multi-task.
• Ability to think creatively, analyze information, solve problems, and consider innovative solutions to complex issues.
• Demonstrated ability to independently develop, maintain, and manage long- and short-term projects and meet specific deadlines.
• Ability to apply good judgment concerning communications and confidentiality.
• Willingness to work effectively with a diverse community.
• A strong customer service focus and a high level of professionalism when interacting with internal and external constituents are required.
Experience and Education:
• Extensive knowledge of enrollment, retention, graduation, student success and/or academic policies, practices, and procedures preferred.
• Relevant experience in setting strategy and vision for projects as well as meeting key performance indicators, preferably with HBCUs.
• Experience building strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
Bachelor’s degree or higher with at least 6 years full-time relevant professional work experience required.
Skills and Technical Knowledge:
• Ability to work in a fast paced and evolving environment.
• Ability to problem solve multi-faceted issues in a time-sensitive context
• Intermediate or advanced level proficiency in standard desktop applications is highly desired, including producing documents and presentations using Microsoft Office suite and other applications as required.
• Familiarity with databases, data management, analysis, and reporting
• Ability to measure and track outcomes and analyze data
• Ability to effectively work and contribute on a team with multiple constituents who may frequently engage virtually and by phone.
• Ed Advancement works nationally with offices in New York City and Washington D.C. This position will be based in our Washington, DC office with an in-person or hybrid schedule. Must be able to work successfully in a remote yet active work environment.
Working Conditions and Other Requirements:
• This is a full-time, exempt position.
• Position will involve confidential information and highly sensitive matters. Must handle sensitive matters with tact and discretion. Must securely manage all data and non-public information.
• Occasional weekend and evening hours may be required.
• Local and non-local travel may be required.
• Deep commitment to the mission and values of Ed Advancement is essential.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Competitive compensation based on qualifications and experience.
• Extensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, AD&D, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, professional development opportunities, holidays, flexible leave policy, etc.
• Ed Advancement is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that values equality of opportunity and diversity. We are committed to non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We welcome and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for this position.
If you are interested in learning more and believe your experience can help Ed Advancement achieve its mission, please apply with your resume and letter of interest. First review begins February 13, 2023, and will continue until the position is filled. Ideal start date is April 2023 with flexibility for the right candidate.
Ed Advancement is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that values equality of opportunity and diversity. We are committed to non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We welcome and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for this position.