Building upon our work with partner institutions, Ed Advancement is working with HBCUs to develop a unified data system that supports real-time data visualization and data-driving decision making. The Technology Associate should have a good eye for detail, expert knowledge of data storage systems, and a meticulous approach to information verification. An outstanding data specialist works methodically to ensure the accurate transfer of information to a secure digital medium. The Technology Associate will support maintenance of data storage; work with the Team to assess database design; and gather, organize, and interpret statistical information based on the data within the database.
- Work in tandem with our internal technology implementation team to identify and implement the most optimal solutions for the selected institutions.
- Define and document best practices and strategies regarding systems and security.
- Provide guidance, thought leadership, and mentorship to staff at institutions.
The Technology Associate is responsible for assisting the implementation team with development of new databases, monitoring database performance, interpreting raw data and turning it into usable feedback and applications, and providing support and services related to software, hardware, databases, web resources, networks and enterprise system. This includes:
- Learn the development of new technology solutions: The Technology Associate will work with Technology and Data Specialist, internal and external stakeholders to understand their needs and develop new solutions to meet those needs.
- Assist with interpreting raw data and turning it into usable feedback and applications: The Technology Associate will help interpret raw data and turn it into usable feedback and applications. They will also work with stakeholders to develop reports and dashboards that help them make informed decisions.
- Providing support and services related to software, hardware, databases, web resources, networks and enterprise system: The Technology and Data Specialist will provide support and services related to software, hardware, databases, web resources, networks and enterprise system. They will assist in troubleshooting and resolving technical issues.
- Assists in database development and modification efforts.
- Supports Team in design and implementation of secure, efficient, and accurate databases.
- Helps maintain current and accurate knowledge of data storage and management best practices.
- Works with Team to ensure that databases are designed to meet specifications and requirements at the lowest possible costs.
- Supports Team in ensuring that database projects are completed on time and within estimated costs.
- Assists in development and maintenance of documentation and standards.
- Supports Team and identifies and resolves production and/or applications development problems related to the use of the database management system software or utilities.
- Gathers, organizes, and interprets statistical data from the database to provide reports to, and answer questions from, upper management.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in information management, data analytics, computer science, or a similar field.
- 1-2 years of experience in technology and data support
- Technical Skills
- Ability to read, interpret, and verify data from multiple formats.
- Strong understanding of process automation, technical designs, and tech stacks.
- In-depth knowledge of data retrieval and storage systems.
- Knowledge of computer hardware systems and peripherals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Basic understanding of computer languages used within database.
- Basic understanding of database design and construction.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and report-writing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with end-user training and support.
- Additional Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience with cloud-based computing platforms, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
Location and Other Requirements
- This position is based in Washington, D.C. or New York, NY areas and requires in-person work at times.
- Occasional telework is possible, with supervisor’s approval.
- Travel to remote job sites will be required.
- Background check may be required.